Multiplicity Magazine

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Warrior Mommy

Get ready to be super proud of me. Ready? I JOINED A YOGA CLASS!!!! Ok, so I missed the first two, but I went to the next two and I flat out LOVE it. It was not easy to get there & if it wasn't for my family helping me with the twins, I would have never made it.

I must tell you, if you are a mother of multiples they should issue you a yoga class in the maternity ward. If you are a special needs mama, or the mother of a critically ill child, a class should be mandatory and paid for by the government. (& I'm a fiscal conservative. I think.  I'm not 100% sure. I did grow up in the 80s.)

Yoga is good for your body and also quiets the mind.  I've practiced Pilates since I was 5 months pregnant and would never give that up. Yoga feeds a different place in our souls that needs rejuvenation. It helps to bring calm.  We warrior Moms are in a whirlwind. Calm is difficult to find. Let someone help you with this. DVDs etc are great if you cannot get a sitter.  Start at a beginner level so you enjoy it!

If there is one thing I've learned through the years, it is never to doubt the wisdom of Sting.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment