Multiplicity Magazine

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sister, I'm a poet.

On this life path/spiritual journey I am on, I have noticed that many of my instincts as a young girl were spot on. I naturally gave myself time to be immersed in things that fed my soul. As I grew older I convinced myself it was indulgent to sit in nature, read poems or listen to music. Where did I get that concept? Was it self-imposed, or just a cultural norm? Unless we are driving toward a goal or making money many of us see our time as wasted. What about contemplation?   I realize now that it's absolutely mandatory.

Svadhyaya - self-study.  Connecting to what inspires you.

Wow! Blow my brain up into multi-colored glitter.  This is a thing? Not only is this a thing, it is encouraged? Part of the practice? The art of staying inspired?

Rolf Gates (my life guru) writes, "...you must stay connected to your own sources of inspiration." Really, Rolf? Where have you been all my life? Permission to connect to energy I find healing and inspiring???? Sad that I needed his book to grant me this necessity, which I had always mistakenly considered a luxury.

It is necessary to wrap my being up in the: writers, poets, songs, books, movies, and art that inspire me.

I'm not as awesome as Rolf.  (He is so beyond awesome.) I do feel like giving everyone I know permission to be who they already are.  Rolf sprinkled magic dust over my being with those words.



For more of his amazing insight: Rolf Gates


"I'm as BOLD as love." -Jimi Hendrix









No comments:

Post a Comment